It’s normal for you to make sure that there are no nasty surprises waiting for your sales reps whenever they decide to pursue some of your B2B leads. But on the other hand, there will always be a cap to how much you can assure them.
It’s like when you give somebody a superhuman mutagen saying there’s only 5% chance of something going completely wrong. Putting that 95% instead might sound impressive but the truth there’s really no absolute guarantee that it won’t create the next supervillain.
There’s no question that that Black Friday sounds like a real battle. (Does it help that some people would rather go on Cyber Monday?) And if not a battle, it’s certainly an obstacle course worthy of the word.
But you know, it’s not really the crowds you’ll brawling over the bargain bin that’s to worry about it. It’s the idea that you can’t just take whatever’s on sale. You have to pick out just the right stuff to make the right presents for the right people!
Isn’t that what targeted lead generation is all about?
Whether you’re a marketer or currently got some marketing work to be done, how often have you been advised to ‘speak human?’
It sounds insulting at first but really, why is this piece of advice so prevalent? Are B2B marketers truly so detached from the man in the street? Or put it in another way, is the common man so incapable of grasping the complex value proposition of B2B marketers?
Well, in either case, maybe the best way to really speak human is to focus on story-telling.